So Tasty!!! Healthy Sugar-free Chocolate Green Smoothie with Spinach, Dates, and Non-Dairy Milk.
Green smoothies have such a clean aftertaste, yet still can be chocolatey, sweet, creamy and thick. Whether your preference is almond milk, or soy milk or a different non-dairy milk, this smoothie combo is awesome. I usually have one daily.
This smoothie with greens in it doesn’t look green at all, and I bet you cannot taste the spinach – except to notice a crispness when you smack your lips and a clean feeling on your teeth.
This delicious, low-fat, low-calorie, and satisfying smoothie is a beautiful chocolatey brown.
Chocolate, spinach, pineapple – they are great friends in a smoothie. You must try it!
This is a simple, decadent, sweet and healthful smoothie that we are loving right now. The chocolate powder brings antioxidants, iron, and such lovely flavour. My husband agrees.
Soy milk makes it creamier than other non dairy milks, and adds protein too, but if you have almond milk in the fridge, go ahead and use that, it will be lower calorie. I buy a higher fat soy milk for my girls, and a lower fat one for me. Both give us lots of protein and energy.
Chocolate Banana Green Smoothie
Chocolate, bananas, pineapple, dates, non-dairy milk and spinach bring this green smoothie together in a very sweet combination. It is an easy and satisfying healthy snack.
- 1 banana cut into chunks, fresh or frozen - with some brown spots for a more sweet smoothie
- 3/4 cup spinach leaves fresh or 1/3 cup frozen
- 1 oz pineapple 2 pieces, frozen or fresh pear or other sweet fruit
- 1 cup soy milk 1 to 1.5 cups, unsweetened, low fat or regular, or other non-dairy milk like almond milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa unsweetened powder, a heaping tablespoon, look for a brand with more iron
- 2/3 oz dates 2 whole dried dates, squish them to make sure no pits are hiding inside
- water or crushed ice to top up
Epicure Product Suggestions
- Cocoa Acai Booster for smoothies and bowls
Add ingredients to a high speed blender cup in the order listed. Some days I use low fat and other days I use regular soy milk, depending how creamy I want it to be. Top up with water or crushed/cubed ice.
If you use a sweetened non-dairy milk (like a vanilla or chocolate) then skip the dates.
Instead of the cocoa powder, the Cocoa Acai Booster powder from Epicure (see link in ingredients) is a great substitution. It only has 20 calories (same as cocoa powder) contains more antioxidants than plain cocoa and is seriously tasty with the Acai berries in it as well.
Blend for 1 minute, until dates are fully blended. Enjoy!
Try adding 1 tsp turmeric for extra anti-inflammatory properties. The chocolate should hide the flavour.
What's Special About VeganEnvy Recipes?
VeganEnvy recipes are easy, low-fat, whole-foods, plant-based and nutrition rich. Real food my family eats, and techniques we use to cook.
- less than 25% calories from fat, and no added oils (why no-oil cooking?)
- whole-foods instead of processed foods (why switch to whole-foods? Our journey 🙂)
- whole grains (how to choose healthy grains)
- low or no sugar
- high fibre (cure IBS and digestive issues)
- high nutrient plants, including fruit, greens, beans, legumes, soy, spices, seeds and nuts.
- no animal products, dairy-free (you don't need meat for muscle)
- no tricks (I am not going to say a recipe is healthy if it isn't).
I choose ingredients that are proven to prevent and reverse disease, based on scientific studies, such as those reviewed on nutritionfacts.org and findings published by whole-foods plant-based (WFPB) experts featured in the Forks Over Knives (FOK) and What the Health documentaries FOK trailer.
Eating VeganEnvy recipes will make you lose weight, look better, feel better and live longer. PLUS spend your money to cruelty free food systems, cut your environmental impact, and likely increase your compassion for, and awareness of, lives other than your own.
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE to VeganEnvy.com on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!
Get FREE healthy vegan information and recipes!
Adding Healthy Plant Based Meals to Your Menu is Easy!
Help others learn – share on social media!