Sweet Tangy Rich Creamy Healthy Dressing – Perfect for Coleslaw
This sweet tasting dairy-free no-oil healthy dressing will make your vegan coleslaw shine! With dates, rice vinegar, tofu, lemon and pecans it is also going to keep you from getting hungry. Eat healthy unsaturated fats from whole nuts and not processed oil.
How often can you say your salad dressing is high fibre and sugar-free? With this vinaigrette you can!Jump to Recipe
Creamy Coleslaw Vinaigrette Dressing
Ingredients & Tips
- 1 cup tofu soft or medium (I use medium because I can always add a non-dairy milk to make it thinner)
- 1/2 cup soy milk or almond milk, or hemp milk
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 dates pitted
- 4 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup pecans optionally toasted - Toasting nuts like pecans results in a more intense flavor.
How to Toast Pecans - 3 Methods Broil, Bake, or Skillet
- You don't have to toast the pecans, but if you do, you are going to get a more intense and rich flavoured dressing. I recommend toasting, and it is really easier than you might think. Often I have the oven going anyways, and I just spread nuts on the sheet beside whatever else I am baking for a few minutes and then take them out again.
- Broil: Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in oven under Broil in oven on the "broil" setting for 2 - 4 minutes to toast. Bake: Preheat oven to 350. Place in oven for 10 - 12 minutes. Skillet: Heat a pan to medium on the stovetop, add pecans. Stir for 3 - 5 minutes with a spoon continuously so they will cook evenly and not burn.
- Regardless of method, remove when they begin to smell toasty and turn dark. Do not burn.
- While pecans toast, add tofu, non-dairy milk, rice vinegar, dates, and lemon juice to a high speed blender.
- Add toasted pecans and blend.
- Pour over Cranberry Apple Coleslaw. Or other coleslaw of your choice.
- Mix, and serve.
JOIN the VeganEnvy.com Community
People Exploring Plant Based Eating
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE to VeganEnvy.com on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!
Get FREE healthy vegan information and recipes!
What's Special About VeganEnvy Recipes?
VeganEnvy recipes are easy, low-fat, whole-foods, plant-based and nutrition rich. Real food my family eats, and techniques we use to cook.
- less than 25% calories from fat, and no added oils (why no-oil cooking?)
- whole-foods instead of processed foods (why switch to whole-foods? Our journey 🙂)
- whole grains (how to choose healthy grains)
- low or no sugar
- high fibre (cure IBS and digestive issues)
- high nutrient plants, including fruit, greens, beans, legumes, soy, spices, seeds and nuts.
- no animal products, dairy-free (you don't need meat for muscle)
- no tricks (I am not going to say a recipe is healthy if it isn't).
I choose ingredients that are proven to prevent and reverse disease, based on scientific studies, such as those reviewed on nutritionfacts.org and findings published by whole-foods plant-based (WFPB) experts featured in the Forks Over Knives (FOK) and What the Health documentaries FOK trailer.
Eating VeganEnvy recipes will make you lose weight, look better, feel better and live longer. PLUS spend your money to cruelty free food systems, cut your environmental impact, and likely increase your compassion for, and awareness of, lives other than your own.
Adding Healthy Plant Based Meals to Your Menu is Easy!
Help others learn – share on social media!