Healthy Vegan Pear Fruit Crumble – No-Oil, Fat-Free
Our family loves fruit crisps and fruit crumbles, they are naturally vegan, and easy to make oil-free. Here, I used almond flour and ground cashew nuts in the crumble topping. It tastes decadent. Lemon juice is a perfect binder, it makes the topping clump together and become crumbly, crispy, and tasty fruit topping.
Whole-Foods Plant-Based Fruit Crumble/Crisp Topping
You can use this wfpb topping for apple crisp, berry crisp, or other fruits too. I just made a crabapple crumble with it, I swapped apple pie spice for the ginger. Tastes great.
In this recipe, I added ginger – it is lovely with pears, and did you know studies found ginger is a very effective pain-killer? Especially for migraine headaches and menstrual cramps. A teaspoon a day of ginger powder does the trick, takes the pain away plus tastes great added to tea.
I hope you enjoy pears in this delicious homemade healthy dessert, or snack!
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE to VeganEnvy.com on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!
Get FREE healthy vegan information and recipes!
Ginger Pear Crisp
Instructions and Ingredients
For the Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350° F
Prepare the Fruit Filling
- Peel and chop pears into evenly sized cubes, or thin slices. I pushed a slicer through each pear to make 6 pieces, then cut each piece in half lengthwise.
- Place pears into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch, ground ginger, salt, and coconut sugar until well combined and lump free. Sprinkle evenly over the pears.
Prepare the Crumble Topping
- In a food processor, on high speed, blend oats, coconut sugar, almond flour, cashews, ground ginger, cinnamon and salt. Once the cashews are finely ground, while processing, slowly add the lemon juice to make the mixture crumbly. Do not over process, or the mixture will form into balls.
- Spread oat topping crumble over the pears.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. The crisp is done when the fruit is bubbling and the topping is light brown in the center. You can opt to brown the top by broiling on low for 3 minutes, I didn't.
Adding Healthy Plant Based Meals to Your Menu is Easy!
Help others learn – share on social media!