Vegan No-Oil Tahini, Apple, Green Onions and Dried Cranberries Sauce that is SO GOOD!
This oil-free dressing is sweet from the orange juice, apples and dried cranberries, rich and creamy from the sesame seed butter (tahini), and thickened with chia seeds. Use this fat-free healthy whole-foods plant-based vegan dressing with my Brussels Sprouts, Quinoa, and Lentil Pilaf or with any quinoa dish, or as a way to make Brussels sprouts taste awesome.
It’s got vitamin C that will help you absorb more iron.
The green onions and the thyme add some spice and sophistication. Some people find quinoa bitter, same with Brussels Sprouts, this dressing counters the bitterness, and provides a savoury sweetness instead.
Healthy vegan low-fat dressing with a sweet zing. Great with Brussels Sprouts and Quinoa.
I had some leftovers of this plant-based orange thyme dressing yesterday on spinach, wow, it was delicious. I need to finish this blog post to get it out there to folks like you who could benefit from a fresh, gorgeous healthy vegan salad dressing.
If you have a sweet tooth (like me) you will probably like this super tasty dressing/sauce, I’m sad it’s all gone now. 🙁
Orange Thyme Dressing - Healthy Vegan Fat-Free Sauce
Instructions and Ingredients
- 200 ml orange juice I used a juice box, freshly squeezed would work too if you don't have juice around, but have oranges.
- 2 tsp tahini sesame seed butter
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chia seeds for thickness
- 2 green onions diced
- 1/2 red apple diced into small cubes
- 1 cup craisins dried cranberries
- Pour orange juice into a small bowl, add tahini, thyme, salt, and chia seeds and microwave 30 seconds to soften if the sesame seed butter was in the fridge. Whisk together.
- Add the craisins so they can soak a bit.
- Add the diced green onions and apple.
- Let sit for 5 minutes or more, for flavours to combine.
More Healthy Vegan Recipes
Learn About the VeganEnvy Diet
JOIN the VeganEnvy.com Community
People Exploring Plant Based Eating
Adding Healthy Plant Based Meals to Your Menu is Easy!
Help others learn – share on social media!