Mix Avocado, Fresh Green Tomatoes, Chickpeas, and Edamame Beans for a Creamy Vegan Spread or Salad Bowl
Use up fresh green tomatoes in this creamy avocado, edamame, chickpea, whole-foods plant-based green goddess recipe.
Put it on rice, quinoa, or other grains with some greens, like a bed of spinach. No-oil needed, it’s fat-free but full of natural omega fats to keep your body glowing.
Also try smashing this green spread on toast or as a filling in a lettuce wrap.
Hard to go wrong, and very easy to go right, with avocado and edamame, some frozen peas, and optionally green tomatoes.
Create yourself a super vegan creamy mixture and delight.
FODMAP rating – medium low amount of FODMAPS. Monash recommends eating less than 1/4 cup of chickpeas, and less than 1/4 cup of thawed peas in a sitting. If you proportion more grains and spinach and less of the filling, IBS sufferers should be able to enjoy this recipe.
Chickpea Avocado Edamame Rice Salad
Ingredients & Tips
- 2 cups brown rice or a brown rice, quinoa blend
- 1.5 cups edamame beans, frozen
- 1 avocado
- 540 ml chickpeas canned, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups green tomatoes diced, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard or more to taste
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 2 tbsp green onions as garnish, discard the white parts of the onions to make this recipe low FODMAP
- hot sauce to taste
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 red peppers
- Cook grains, I used a rice quinoa mix. Set aside to cool.
Prepare Edamame, Avocado, Chickpea Mix
- Microwave edamame in a microwave steamer to cook, as per package directions. Usually 5 minutes.
- Add avocado, drained chickpeas, green tomatoes, salt, and dijon mustard to a medium/large bowl. Taste and adjust amount of mustard to your preference.
- Add edamame to the bowl. Mine were in their shells still, so I microwaved them in their steamer bag and then shelled them into the bowl.
- Mash with potato masher until desired consistency.
- Stir in frozen peas, still frozen, they will cool it down and then you don't need to refrigerate.
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE to VeganEnvy.com on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!
Get FREE healthy vegan information and recipes!
Adding Healthy Plant Based Meals to Your Menu is Easy!
Help others learn – share on social media!