Whole Foods Plant Based Delicious Slow Cooker Chowder Recipe
Vegan and Healthy – Easy Slow Cooker Summer Soup – Potato Corn Chowder
Some summer days you are too busy to cook, right? How about throwing some easy ingredients in the slow cooker around noon, or in the morning, and having a light, satisfying dinner ready for you when your family is hungry?
Simple Yummy Chowder
My daughter had a friend staying with us at our cottage, she loved this chowder. “I love potatoes!” She said, as she got up to get seconds, and thirds. It was a great dinner for an active day of swimming outside.
15 minute prep, with easy ingredients, wfpbno dinner
Ingredients include: Potatoes, Corn, Bell Pepper, Plant Milk, Salt, Pepper, Chives or Green Onions, Optional Hot Pepper
Peel and dice potatoes into small cubes, add them to the slow cooker, with fresh or frozen corn, some vegan vegetable stock, plant milk, a single orange, red, or yellow bell pepper, and seasonings.
Lots of energy, in a low fat, plant based diet healthy meal.
Serve with fresh herbs like green onions, chives, or oregano for a real flavour burst.
4 Hours to Cook on High, 8 Hours on Low
You can time this chowder to be ready when you are. The longer it cooks the thicker it gets.
It might seem strange to have warm soup on a hot day, but the pepper could make you sweat, which cools you down. Do you think this might be why east indian cuisine is often spicy?
I hope you enjoy this simple summer (or anytime of year) chowder. 🙂
Have Fun Serving This Vegan Chowder – with Loch Ness Soup Ladles
I had to recommend these – my kids really want them. We haven’t taken the plunge to buy them yet, but it is on our want list.
Vegan Healthy Slow Cooker Summer Potato Corn Chowder No-Oil WFPB
- Slow cooker
Instructions and Ingredients
- 10 Potatoes Peeled, white, yellow, or red, or a mixture. In small cubes.
- 2 cups Corn Frozen, or 6 cobs fresh. If using frozen, microwave to thaw first to speed cooking
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Yellow or red works too.
- 2 cups Vegetable stock Broth, fat free.
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Almond milk or other plant milk. Make your own almond milk with 1/4 cup almonds, and 1.5 cups water, blend in a high speed blender like a vitamix, for 1 minute. No need to strain.
- 1 Hot pepper Diced, optional.
- Peel and dice potatoes into small cubes.
- Place potatoes in slow cooker on high (will take 4 hours) or low (will take 7-8 hours).
- Microwave the frozen corn for a few minutes to thaw it, and add to the slow cooker. Or, if using fresh corn, slice off ears, add to cooker.
- Dice the bell pepper into medium sized pieces, not too small. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add vegan vegetable broth / stock to the slow cooker.
- Add almond / plant based milk to slow cooker. You can make your own very easily.
- Add salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cover and leave to cook for 4 hours on high, or 8 hours on low. Try not to open very much, to keep the heat in.
- Serve! Top with fresh diced herbs like oregano, chives, or green onions.
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE to VeganEnvy.com on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!
Get FREE healthy vegan information and recipes!
JOIN the VeganEnvy.com Community
People Exploring Plant Based Eating
More Healthy Vegan Recipes
Learn About the VeganEnvy Diet
Adding Healthy Plant Based Meals to Your Menu is Easy!
Help others learn – share on social media!