This recipe for a fast and easy vegan parmesan cheese replacement uses almonds, garlic, and nutritional yeast.Jump to Recipe
In three minutes you can make a flavourful and tasty dairy free cheese substitute – a recommended staple in any milk and lactose free kitchen. This recipe calls for almonds as the nuts because they are hard and don’t turn into a butter very easily.
My favourite nutritional yeast is one that doesn’t have a lot of extra B12 added. Too much B12 can give it a vitamin/supplement taste and I find I have trouble sleeping – I wake up in the night – if I eat nutritional yeast with really high levels of B12.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese Substitute
Instructions and Ingredients
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) almonds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) nutritional yeast US
- nutritional yeast Canada
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce or salt
- Place the nuts, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce in a small high-speed blender. I use a magic bullet or this one in Canada
- Blend until the nuts are finely ground. I still blend this if I use almond flour, I find it distributes the soy sauce better and makes it less clumpy, but with almond flour, you can also just stir it with a fork instead of blending.