Oil-Free Vegan Pesto White Sauce for Linguine and Asparagus
It is really easy to go dairy-free these days. Us vegans are inventing more and more new ways to use healthy plant-based foods in traditional recipes. Recently found out you are lactose intolerant? This website is for you! Look around…
For example, if you would like to have a milk-free sauce for your pasta, or maybe you are trying to lose weight and avoid fat – here is a vegan, creamy fat-free white sauce recipe to add to your bag of tricks.
It has pesto ingredients like basil, garlic, and lemon, but is no-oil, with healthy walnuts instead. Did you know walnuts slowed the growth of cancer tumours in studies? White kidney beans make it thick, you don’t need any flour – so it is gluten-free.
Forget about taking time stirring on the stove, this sauce is easier than that, blend the ingredients, and DONE.
This vegan white sauce recipe is better than alfredo sauce, I think you will find it very delicious and satisfying.
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE to VeganEnvy.com on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!
Get FREE healthy vegan information and recipes!
If you are in Canada – I recommend these products for your lemon and pepper, from Epicure. Click image to view information.
Bring together the wonderful flavours of basil and garlic in a creamy pesto sauce, with fresh linguine, and crispy asparagus, for a healthy taste of Italy!
Wonderful White Bean and Walnut Sauce with Asparagus and Linguine
Instructions and Ingredients
- 375 g whole grain pasta linguine
- 2.25 pounds asparagus
- 540 ml white kidney beans
- 1/2 cup soy milk or other unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2 garlic cloves cut in half
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water hot, from pasta cooking
- steamer Available in Canada only. There are many sizes, made from a durable silicone, these steamers are awesome.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Wash, cut off ends, and cut asparagus into 2 inch lengths.
- Microwave asparagus in a microwave steamer. If you are in Canada, I recommend the Epicure steamers. See link in ingredients.
- In a high speed blender, blend white kidney beans with soy milk, basil, garlic cloves, oregano, salt, walnuts, nutritional yeast, lemon juice.
- Add hot pasta cooking water to warm and thin to desired consistency.
- Drain pasta, plate with asparagus, and immediately spoon creamy pesto sauce over steaming pasta. Or, if the pasta has cooled, microwave the sauce first in a small dish, to warm it, then spoon over and serve.
JOIN the VeganEnvy.com Community
People Exploring Plant Based Eating
Learn About the VeganEnvy Diet
Adding Healthy Plant Based Meals to Your Menu is Easy!
Help others learn – share on social media!